Thursday, October 26, 2006

Account set up and funding with Zecco

To set up my Zecco.com account, I needed the usual account setup type things, like bank account information, social security number, etc. I also had to send the signed paperwork with a photocopy of my driver's license, but could expedite the process by scanning and emailing this. To verify my ING Direct account, they made 2 small deposits. One warning: once I confirmed the account, they withdrew these deposits. So you may want to be careful with accounts that only allow 6 withdrawals per month. It will take 3 withdrawals to confirm and fund your account.

Timeline:
10/09 - Set up online account with Zecco.com (for accessing the site, message boards, etc.)
10/13 - Applied for an account online
10/17 - Emailed paperwork
10/18 - Received a reply, reminding me to mail the physical documents
10/20 - Account application approved. signed in and created 'trading key', began process to have ACH link with ING confirmed.
10/21 - Mailed physical documents
10/24 - Received 2 small deposits and confirmed bank account, initiated withdrawal of $2500 from Zecco's site
10/25 - Money withdrawn from ING
10/26 - Money available for trading

No comments: